Tech-Startups Get Their Start With Ben Franklin’s TechCelerator Program!
Ben Franklin’s TechCelerator@Somerset is inviting the area’s emerging entrepreneurs to participate in an intensive 8-Week Startup Accelerator.
With dozens of tech-startups already launched that have created nearly 200 full or part-time jobs in Central PA, this proven methodology can work for you too! Ben Franklin’s TechCelerator @Somerset is inviting the area’s emerging tech-entrepreneurs to participate in an intensive 8-Week Startup Accelerator. Don’t miss out on this opportunity! We provide up to $1,000 toward initial legal, accounting, or customer discovery costs plus the chance to pitch your business idea to a panel of potential investors at the completion of the course. The top team will receive up to $10,000 to help get their business from StartUP to UP and running!
- When: January 22 – March 14, 2019
- Times: Tuesday – Group class 10:00 AM – 12:15 PM. After class, individual company mentoring will be available, first come first serve from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM and 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM. On Wednesdays, there will be four individual company mentoring session times available: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM, and 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Note: Each company should schedule a once per week “one-on-one” session with mentors.
- Where: Uptown Works – 109 E Main St, Somerset, PA 15501
Space is limited – Deadline to Apply: Applications close on Jan 10, 2019
In addition to the money, after just eight short weeks, you’ll come away with a viable business model, a market research report, a list of networking contacts and a path forward. But, perhaps the most important thing you will gain is the confidence that comes from knowing if it’s the right time for you to start your own tech-business. Curious? Check out this recent TechCelerator@Johnstown graduation pitch video below.
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Is your business in the concept or pre-revenue stage?
- Is there a technology component to your business idea?
- Can you attend an eight/ten-week program, once a week?
- Are you planning to commercialize your business concept?