Join Us March 13 as Ben Franklin TechCelerator@Altoona Will Award Up To $10,000 For A Winning Pitch!
Altoona, PA – As an important component of the recent Startup Alleghenies initiative – see www.startupalleghenies.com, the Ben Franklin TechCelerator@Altoona began offering the area’s entrepreneurs, students, faculty members, and emerging tech-startups a one-stop-shop for entrepreneurial training.
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, six local entrepreneurs will compete for a cash prize of up to $10,000 which will be awarded at the graduation event for the TechCelerator’s Business Startup Boot Camp. A team of judges from the community will make the decision on the winning presentation followed by a networking reception.
Time: 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Location: Catalyst Space – 1331 12th Avenue, Second Floor – Altoona, PA 16601
Come to support local entrepreneurs, but stay to enjoy the evening! The event will be attended by community partners, other startups, and potential investors. The six presenters, who are going through an intensive eight-week boot camp, will have the opportunity to share with the audience their intended target market, the pain point their product or service alleviates for their customers, and how their idea will make money for them and future investors.
Here’s A Quick Look At The Presenters:
- Mark Kasterko, with M&T Arms, has developed a device for securing an officer’s weapon during an incident where he/she needs to restrain a perpetrator.
- Benjamin Hutchinson, with Your Reptile Company, has created a way to protect a pet reptile through proper caging techniques.
- Daniel Bowers, with Advanced Diabetes Technologies, is developing an app that allows for the safe and easy monitoring of blood glucose.
- Jobe Matula, with The LiveFirst Company, has developed the cleanest, safest way to protect new pets from accidental poisoning.
- Joey DiGangi, with AssureTech, is developing a technology that helps people with food allergies keep their medication easily on-hand.
- Tony Biddle, with Site Rite, has developed a clip-on rear site for hand guns that dramatically improves accuracy.
Bob Dornich, the TechCelerator’s Program Director, commented, “I’m excited for the audience to hear all the presentations – this group of entrepreneurs gave it their all for the past eight weeks! Our process is not an easy one, and we consider anyone who gets to this point a winner.”